Treat your family and friends to a breakfast gift this year with this Easy Make-Ahead Christmas Morning Croissant Apple Breakfast Bake.
It will be a deliciously sweet start to a very wonderful day!
As you can see from the photos and title, I’m featuring this recipe as a holiday treat.
However, the first time I served this amazing breakfast casserole was in the summer when we vacationed with my husband’s family in Northern Wisconsin.
Please make sure you make this recipe throughout the entire year. It’s so good you won’t want to limit it just to the holidays! 😉
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Easy Make-Ahead Christmas Morning Croissant Apple Breakfast Bake is available near the end of this post.Jump to Recipe
The ingredient list for making this Apple Croissant Breakfast Bake is as follows;
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- 8 large croissants
- 10 large eggs
- maple syrup
- butter, melted
- pure vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- 2 cans of apple pie filling
Kitchen tools and equipment needed;
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Spray
- Can Opener
- 13 x 9 Casserole Dish
- Serving Spoon
That’s it! You can get much easier than that!!
How long will this apple croissant breakfast bake take to assemble?
If you have 15 spare minutes, you’ll be well on your way to enjoying this sweet apple breakfast casserole.
How long should this make-ahead casserole be refrigerated before baking?
At least 4 hours, but overnight is even better!
Once it’s been refrigerated, what do I need to do to this easy breakfast casserole before baking?
I recommend you let the casserole to sit at room temperature before baking for at least 30 minutes.
It’s not imperative, but the cooking time will be slightly less if you do.
How many people will the apple croissant breakfast bake serve?
This casserole should serve at least 10 moderately hungry people.
Can other pie fillings be used?
Sure thing! I recommend a fruit pie filling.
I maybe wouldn’t use a pumpkin pie filling (but then again, maybe I would).
Have fun experimenting now that you know the basic method!
The instructions for making Apple Breakfast Bake;
Please make sure to view the video for the easy visual step-by-step instructions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, melted butter, milk, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Break the croissants into small bite-sized pieces and place them evenly into a 9×13 baking dish that has been sprayed with baking spray.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the croissants, making sure to press the croissants into the egg mixture.
- Top the casserole evenly with the apple pie filling.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, but overnight is best.
- Remove from the refrigerator and allow the casserole to sit at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- Place the Croissant Apple Bake in the preheated oven and bake for 90 minutes, or until the casserole is puffed, browned and cooked through in the center, the toothpick test works well to test the doneness.
- Cool slightly before serving and serve with a light dusting of confectioners sugar (not shown) and maple syrup if desired.
For additional make-ahead breakfast casserole recipes, please click on the following titles for;
- Scrambled Egg and Sausage Breakfast Sliders – (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
“Looking to feed a large crowd or family a hearty breakfast that goes together in a snap and with minimal effort? These scrambled egg breakfast sliders are just the ticket!”
- Make-Ahead Creme Brulee French Toast from Glitter Inc.
- Sausage and Veggie Egg Breakfast Casserole from Life Currents
- Egg Sandwich Breakfast Casserole – (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
“A basic egg sandwich gets an egg-stra special upgrade when it’s turned into this family favorite Egg Sandwich Breakfast Casserole. Serve it for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. Winner, winner, egg sandwich breakfast casserole for dinner!”
- Nutella Stuffed French Toast from Chocolates and Chai
- Celebration Breakfast Casserole from LoveFoodies
- Easy Eggnog Pastry Cream Filled Croissants (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
“When you want to serve a special dessert (or brunch) that will knock their socks off, but also one you can make ahead and assemble later, this recipe for Special Occasion No-Bake Eggnog Pastry Cream Filled Croissants is for you!”
- Make-Ahead Apple Croissant Breakfast Bake (pictured below) This is the place!!
Whether you’re working on a blue screen device or in the kitchen, the following affiliate products are ones I can highly recommend to save your eyesight and your sanity.
Below is a photo of my blue blocker computer glasses in action! I swear by them! I work at the computer for what feels like all-day, every-day, and these glasses have relieved a great deal of eye-stress and migraine problems for me.
A neurologist was the one who recommended I get myself some, and it was the best thing he could have told me to do, so now I pass that information on to you!
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Easy Make-Ahead Christmas Morning Croissant Apple Breakfast Bake.
Start any morning with this easy make-ahead breakfast bake that you've assembled the night before. It's the perfect sweet start to any day.
- 8 large croissants broken into bite-sized pieces
- 10 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup plus additional for serving
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cans apple pie filling
- confectioners sugar optional
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, butter, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
Place the broken croissants evenly into the bottom of a prepared 9×13 baking dish that has been sprayed with baking spray.
Pour the egg mixture evenly over the broken croissant pieces, making sure to press the croissants into the egg mixture.
Spread the apple pie filling evenly over top of the croissant egg mixture.
Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, but overnight is best.
Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
Allow the croissant bake to sit at room temperature at least 45 minutes before baking.
Bake the casserole for 90 minutes, or until the center is set, the casserole is puffed, and the top is golden brown.
Allow the casserole to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Sprinkle with confectioners sugar before serving and additional maple syrup if desired.
Make this casserole in advance and refrigerate at least 4 hours (overnight is preferred) for best flavor.
Thank you so much for visiting me here in my Kudos Kitchen!!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for this make-ahead sweet apple breakfast bake as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, please follow me on my social media:
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!