What do you get when you combine a baked potato with all the comfort and goodness of a chicken pot pie, but without all the work? Chicken Pot Pie Potatoes, that's what!
I love sharing recipes and ideas with you here on my blog. Each and everyone I bring to you holds a tiny piece of my heart.
That said, this easy chicken dinner recipe for chicken pot potatoes is one I'm extra excited about sharing, and it's one I've been waiting to bring to you for a long, long time.
The ingredient list:
- Russet Potatoes
- Cooked Chicken (rotisserie chicken or leftovers works well for this recipe)
- Frozen Peas and Carrots (frozen and thawed)
- All-Purpose Flour
- Chicken Broth or Stock
- Dried Sage
- Dried Rosemary
- Vinegar (just a touch)
Why this easy dinner recipe works?
Since I know that everyone is super busy and that trying to figure out what to make for dinner can sometimes be a stressful situation, especially when the time is limited.
By taking advantage of leftover cooked chicken, or store-bought rotisserie chicken, this chicken comfort food is super easy, and extra quick, so even a novice cook can have this delicious meal on the dinner table in 15 minutes or less.
The easy instructions:
- Cook 4 potatoes in a microwave oven until cooked through (not shown).
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add all-purpose flour to the melted butter.
- Stir and cook the roux (butter and flour mixture) for one minute over medium heat.
- Add the chicken broth and stir (or whisk) to combine.
- Cook and stir occasionally until the sauce is lump free and thickened.
- Add the chicken and thawed vegetables to the thickened sauce.
- Stir in the seasonings and vinegar.
- Heat through.
- Spoon the sauce and chicken over the opened, baked potatoes.
- Serve immediately.
More recipe ideas for rotisserie chicken:
Since using store-bought rotisserie chicken is such a time-saver and there is no limit to the versatile meals that can be made with them, here are more recipes I know you love:
- Creamy Mascarpone Chicken Risotto (pictured below)
Why go out when you can make this restaurant-quality Creamy Mascarpone Chicken Risotto at home? It’s impressive, delicious, and not at all difficult to make.
- Chicken Bacon and Avocado Calzones (pictured below)
All you need is one hand to hold and eat one of these delicious Chicken, Bacon & Avocado Calzones. However, you’ll need both hands to give the round of applause you’ll be happy to give after you had your first bite.
- French Spaghetti (pictured below)
Fast Friendly French Spaghetti has a rich, slow-cooked flavor but only takes minutes to prepare thanks to store-bought rotisserie chicken.
- 31 Rotisserie Chicken Dinner Recipes from Epicurious
- Rotisserie Chicken Skillet from A Family Feast
- Rotisserie Chicken Casserole from Mom on Timeout
⭐If you've made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave it a star rating on the recipe card, along with a comment if you're so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Chicken Pot Potatoes
- 4 large Idaho potatoes scrubbed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Tools and equipment
- medium saucepan
- microwave oven
- wooden spoon
- measuring cup and spoons
- Prick the potatoes with a fork and microwave until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in the saucepan.
- Whisk the flour into melted butter. Cook, stirring occasionally over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Whisk the chicken broth into the flour and butter mixture until the mixture is smooth and thickened.
- Add the sage, rosemary, and vinegar into the thickened sauce.
- Stir the chicken and thawed vegetables into the sauce, and heat through.
- Spoon the chicken and sauce over the opened, baked potatoes.
- Serve immediately.
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.