Looking for an easy appetizer everyone will LOVE? Look no further than these mini Grilled Ham and Cheese Appetizers. You'd better make plenty! They'll go fast!
- The ingredient list:
- Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- How this recipe came to be:
- How many grilled mini appetizer sandwiches does this recipe make?
- Can different flavors of mini bread be used for this recipe?
- Where to find mini party bread in the grocery store?
- Can you make your own mini cocktail bread?
- Alternative mini grilled cheese apptizer fillings:
- Butter or mayo? Which is better?
- Additional appetizer recipes you'll also enjoy:
- Printable Recipe Card
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- party bread (mini cocktail bread)
- deli ham
- American cheese slices
- butter (or mayonnaise)
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- large skillet
- cutting board
- chef's knife or santoku knife
- small spatula
- offset spatula or butter knife
How this recipe came to be:
We were having some of our friends over for a simple evening of snacks and drinks.
Since my BFF's very favorite food is a grilled ham and cheese sandwich, naturally I wanted to make her something she would really enjoy.
That's how this simple yet tasty mini sandwich appetizer was born.
How many grilled mini appetizer sandwiches does this recipe make?
If using the entire loaf of mini party bread, this recipe will make approximately 20 mini sandwiches.
Can different flavors of mini bread be used for this recipe?
In the featured video, and when I made these sandwich appetizers I used mini rye bread.
However, you can use whatever type of mini bread flavors you're able to find or that are your favorites.
Where to find mini party bread in the grocery store?
In my experience grocery stores will typically have the mini party bread (also known as cocktail bread) displayed in the deli department.
Can you make your own mini cocktail bread?
This way you can make them as big (or little), or as thick (or thin) as you like.
Then, once you have your bread sliced as you like it, continue on with the recipe from there making sure that your ham and American cheese slices accurately match the size of your sliced bread.
Alternative mini grilled cheese apptizer fillings:
- sliced turkey
- sliced chicken
- sliced roast beef
- sliced corned beef
- sliced pastrami
- sliced cheddar cheese
- sliced Swiss cheese
- sliced mozzarella cheese
- sliced gouda
You get the idea.
Tailor these mini grilled cheese sandwich appetizers to your own taste...
Have fun with this mini grilled cheese appetizer "recipe" and make it your own.
Butter or mayo? Which is better?
It's a personal preference!
I've always been a butter gal so that's my go-to when making a grilled cheese sandwich.
However, if you prefer mayo...go for it!!
Additional appetizer recipes you'll also enjoy:
*French Onion Crostini (shown below)
Everything you love about French onion soup is in these French Onion Crostini…except for the spoon.
*The Best Ham and Cheese Sliders (not shown) from Pastry Chef Online
*Pizza Fries (not shown) from I Knead to Eat
*Parmesan Onion Squares (shown below)
Parmesan Onion Squares are an easy-to-make appetizer with a light oniony flavor, a crisp yet creamy texture, and a tiny and unexpected touch of sweetness that everyone loves!
*Crock Pot Cheeseburger Dip (not shown) from Salty Side Dish
*Cold Tortellini Salad Kabobs (not shown) from Savory Experiments
*Mini Grilled Ham and Cheese Appetizers (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
Mini Grilled Ham and Cheese Appetizers
- 40 slices party cocktail bread any flavor
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- ¼ pound deli ham cut into pieces to fit the bread
- 5 slices American cheese each slice cut into 4 squares, or to fit the bread
To make each sandwich:
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place the first slice, buttered side down.
- Add one ¼ square of American cheese onto the first slice of bread. Top the cheese with a piece of deli ham, and top the ham with another square of cheese.
- Top the sandwich with another buttered slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Assemble all the mini ham and cheese appetizers the same way.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat.
- Add about 6-7 mini ham and cheese sandwiches to the hot skillet and cook on each side until golden brown (about 2 minutes per side). Continue cooking the remaining mini grilled ham and cheese appetizers the same way.
- Cut the mini grilled cheese sandwich appetizers in half diagonally and serve immediately.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed this easy mini grilled cheese appetizer recipe as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!