When you want to feed a crowd, but you don’t want to fuss, reach for this Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe and everyone will be happy, and well-fed!!
These Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches are just like the ones I made while we were on a family reunion vacation this past summer.
We spent a week in cabins on a lake in Wisconsin with most of my husband’s brothers and sisters. To say these delicious sandwiches were hit with the crowd is a huge understatement!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making the best Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is available near the end of this post. OR Click on the “Jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- 7-8 pound pork butt
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Brown Sugar
- Pineapple Juice
- Prepared Horseradish
- Salt and Pepper
- Pretzel Rolls, or buns
- Prepared BBQ Sauce
- Coleslaw for serving (not pictured)
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- large (10 quart) slow cooker
- measuring cups and spoons
- large container for the shredded meat
- aluminum foil
How this recipe came to be:
For our vacation, I brought the frozen pork butt from home and used it like ice in our cooler for the 8-hour drive.
Once we got to our cabin, I placed the pork butt in the fridge to thaw completely.
The day of our full family dinner all I had to do was put the ingredients into the slow cooker and then go about our day of sightseeing, fishing, and playing games.
That evening when we all gathered to eat, all I needed to do was shred the pork and place it on the table along with some buns and coleslaw.
Easy peasy! Dinner is served!
How long will this pulled pork take to make?
Approximately 7 – 8 hours depending on the size of the pork butt.
Can this be made in advance and kept in the fridge?
If you’d like to make it a day or two before, cook the pork butt as the recipe indicates and then shred the pork when done.
Add the shredded meat into a large container along with a good bit of the juice from the slow cooker to keep the meat moist.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To heat, keep covered and place in a preheated 375-degree oven, stirring occasionally for 30-45 minutes until heated through.
What are some additional topping ideas for these sandwiches?
- prepared BBQ sauce
- caramelized onions
- hot sauce
- pineapple slices
The easy instructions for making slow cooker pulled pork:
- Place the pork butt into a large slow cooker.
- Pour apple cider vinegar over the pork and season with salt and pepper.
- Add brown sugar, pineapple juice, and prepared horseradish sauce over the pork.
- Set the slow cooker to high and cook, covered, for 8 hours.
- Shred the pork with two forks (removing fat, as desired), and place in a large dish along with some of the juice from the cooker.
- Serve on buns with some of the juice, BBQ sauce, and top with coleslaw (not pictured), if desired.
Want some side dishes to serve alongside this pulled pork?
*Best BBQ Side Dishes Recipe Roundup (pictured below)
For additional slow cooker ideas that can feed a crowd:
- 5 Ingredient Root Beer Country Ribs
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Chili
- Slow Cooker Banana Coconut Pudding
- German Pork Ribs with Sauerkraut
- Hearty Slow Cooker Chili Mac
Below is the printable recipe card along with the nutritional information for today’s easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches.
Family Reunion Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 8 pound pork butt
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup prepared horseradish
- 1½ tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 36 pretzel rolls
- prepared BBQ sauce optional
- prepared coleslaw optional
- Add the first 7 ingredients into a large slow cooker. Cover and set to high.
- Cook for 8 hours. Remove the pork butt to a large dish and shred the meat with two forks. Spoon some of the juice over the pulled pork and serve on buns.
- Top with BBQ sauce and coleslaw, if desired.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s pork sandwich recipe as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!