When you want to feed a crowd, but you don’t want to fuss, reach for this Family Reunion Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches recipe and everyone will be happy, and well fed!!
These Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches are just like the ones I made while we were on a family reunion vacation this past summer. We spent a week in cabins on a lake in Wisconsin with most of my husband’s brothers and sisters. To say these delicious sandwiches were hit with the crowd is a huge understatement!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Family Reunion Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches is available near the end of this post.
- 7-8 pound pork butt
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Brown Sugar
- Pineapple Juice
- Prepared Horseradish
- Salt and Pepper
- Pretzel Rolls, or buns
- Prepared BBQ Sauce
- Coleslaw for serving (not pictured)
For our vacation, I brought the frozen pork butt from home and used it like ice in our cooler for the 8-hour drive. Once we got to our cabin, I placed the pork butt in the fridge to thaw completely.
The day of our full family dinner all I had to do was put the ingredients into the slow cooker and then go about our day of sightseeing, fishing, and playing games.
That evening when we all gathered to eat, all I needed to do was shred the pork and place it on the table along with some buns and coleslaw. Easy peasy! Dinner is served!
The easy instructions;
- Place the pork butt into a large slow cooker.
- Pour apple cider vinegar over the pork and season with salt and pepper.
- Add brown sugar, pineapple juice, and prepared horseradish sauce over the pork.
- Set the slow cooker to high and cook, covered, for 8 hours.
- Shred the pork with two forks (removing fat, as desired), and place in a large dish along with some of the juice from the cooker.
- Serve on buns with some of the juice, BBQ sauce, and top with coleslaw (not pictured), if desired.
For additional slow cooker ideas that can feed a crowd, please click on the following recipes titles for;
- 5 Ingredient Root Beer Country Ribs
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Chili
- Slow Cooker Banana Coconut Pudding
- German Pork Ribs with Sauerkraut
- Hearty Slow Cooker Chili Mac
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Family Reunion Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches. If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
- 8 pound pork butt
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup prepared horseradish
- 1½ tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 36 pretzel rolls
- prepared BBQ sauce optional
- prepared coleslaw optional
Add the first 7 ingredients into a large slow cooker. Cover and set to high.
Cook for 8 hours. Remove the pork butt to a large dish and shred the meat with two forks. Spoon some of the juice over the pulled pork and serve on buns.
Top with BBQ sauce and coleslaw, if desired.
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for Family Reunion Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!