Comforting and extra delicious! This super easy and creamy slow cooker banana coconut pudding will be your new favorite dessert!
Slow cooker banana coconut pudding is comfort food for the soul, and it’s a dessert you’ll want to add to your list of recipes to make, ASAP!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Slow Cooker Banana Coconut Pudding is available at the end of this post.
The ingredient list:
- 4 overripe bananas
- Toasted Coconut
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Egg Yolk
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Vanilla Wafers (optional)
- Whipped Cream (optional)
I don’t make a lot of slow cooker desserts because I usually reserve my slow cooker for savory dishes.
However, the few I have made are really good. I hope you’ll check them out if you’re looking to step out of the slow cooker rut as I did.
Slow Cooker Apple Pear Sauce with Amaretto
Not your grandma's applesauce. This one is kicked up a notch with pears, nutmeg and amaretto.
Slow Cooker Blackberry Fancy
It's a blackberry fruit strata for the slow cooker with cream cheese and maple syrup.
Slow-Cooker Pumpkin and Blueberry Cake
Chock full of walnuts, plump blueberries and pumpkin. This delicious slow cooker cake is wonderfully flavored and textured!
Slow Cooker Caramel Cake
Because, why wouldn’t you make a Slow Cooker Caramel Cake? It’s kind of a no-brainer, if you ask me.
Slow Cooker Peanut Clusters
Melted dhocolate, peanuts, and a super easy recipe. What more could you want to a slow cooker dessert recipe.
I know there are also slow cooker desserts in the round-up at the end of this post from the #SundaySupper group, so make sure you click on those titles and get those recipes as well.
What makes this slow cooker pudding recipe work?
This slow cooker banana coconut pudding is basically a dump and stir recipe, as most slow cooker recipes are (in my opinion). That’s what makes them so apPEELing (sorry, banana humor), and non-threatening.
Honestly, the only thing you really need to do to make this pudding a standout is to toast the coconut in a dry skillet to bring out its coconutty flavor before adding it into the cooker with all the other ingredients.
Adding the pinch of salt is also important. It may seem like a tiny amount (and it is), but even a tiny amount of salt can help bring out the flavor and sweetness in any kind of dessert. Salt is always a key ingredient in both sweet and savory dishes. Please do not omit it.
Sweetened condensed milk. Because, well, sweetened condensed milk. LOL
WARNING: this slow cooker banana coconut pudding is SO GOOD, you may be tempted to eat it right out of the cooker, warm, with a spoon. Not that I’d know anything about that! 😉
Please also note, this pudding will thicken in the refrigerator as it cools… IF it even gets that far! LOL
The easy step by step instructions for making slow cooker banana coconut pudding;
- Place the overripe bananas in a small (4 quart) slow cooker and mash them well.
- Pour in two cans of the sweetened condensed milk.
- Add the toasted coconut, pure vanilla extract, and the salt.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add the lid to the cooker and set to low. Cook for 4 hours.
- After four hours time, add two tablespoons butter and 1 egg yolk that has been mixed with 2 tablespoons of the hot pudding mixture.
- Stir the egg yolk and pudding to temper the egg.
- Stir the tempered egg in the with pudding mixture.
- Cover and continue to cook for an additional hour.
- Cool the pudding and refrigerate. The pudding will thicken as it cools.
- Spoon the pudding into bowls and garnish with whipped cream and vanilla cookies if desired.
**The following affiliate links are some suggested slow cookers I’ve chosen that will aid you in the making of this recipe for Slow Cooker Banana Coconut Pudding if desired.
- Crock-Pot Manual 4-Quart Cooker (Red)
- Proctor Silex 4-Quart Slow Cooker
- Cuisinart 3 in 1 Cook Central 4-Quart Slow Cooker
- Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Slow Cooker
- All-Clad 4-Quart Slow Cooker
How to toast coconut in a skillet;
Toasting coconut is easy to do on the stovetop.
Add the flaked coconut to a dry skillet and cook, stirring frequently, over medium/low heat.
The coconut will brown quickly so don’t walk away from the stovetop while toasting coconut, or you’ll go from toasted to burnt in the blink of an eye.
Can I use a slow cooker that is larger than 4-Quarts to make this recipe?
If you don’t have a small slow cooker (4 quarts), you can definitely use a larger slow cooker but you’ll need to cut down your cooking time by half, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing OR double the recipe and make more pudding!
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Banana Coconut Pudding for the Slow Cooker.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
- 4 overripe bananas peeled
- 2 cans (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup coconut toasted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk
- whipped cream optional
- vanilla cookies optional
Add the overripe bananas to a small (4 quart) slow cooker and mash well with a potato masher.
Stir in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and salt.
Cover and cook for 4 hours on low.
Remove the cover, add the butter and egg yolk that has been mixed with 2 tablespoons of the warm pudding (to temper the egg).
Stir well to combine, replace the lid and continue to look for an additional hour.
Cool the pudding and then refrigerate until ready to serve. *Note - the pudding will thicken once chilled.
Serve with whipped cream and vanilla cookies if desired.
Tools and equipment:
4-quart slow cooker, potato masher or forks, wooden spoon or spatula, dry skillet (for toasting coconut), small bowl,can opener
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for Slow Cooker Banana Coconut Pudding as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my contribution this week for #SundaySupper Slow Cooker Comfort Food Recipes as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you.
Should you have any questions or comment for me regarding this recipe or any other items you’ll find here on my blog, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section at the end of this post. I promise to get back with you ASAP with the answer to your questions.
Below you’ll find all the slow cooker comfort food recipe links from the rest of the #SundaySupper members who participated in this week’s theme. By clicking on the recipe titles, you’ll be taken directly to that blogger’s site and the recipe you’re interested in.
Slow Cooker Comfort Food Recipes #SundaySupper
Desserts, Breakfasts, and Sides
- Easy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy Slow Cooker Banana Coconut Pudding by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Baked Apples by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Slower Cooker Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter by Our Good Life
- Beef Brisket in Slow Cooker by Life Tastes Good
- Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff by Flour On My Face
- Crockpot Cabbage Rolls by My World Simplified
- Slow Cooker Asian BBQ Pork by Simple and Savory
- Slow Cooker Asian Garlic-Ginger Meatballs by The Weekend Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy by Sunday Supper Movement
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Cube Steaks Paprika by Hardly A Goddess
- Slow Cooker Pepperoncini Chicken by Cricket’s Confections
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak by Soulfully Made
- Slow Cooker Short Ribs with Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Swiss Steak by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Tinga de Pollo Poblano by Cooking On The Ranch
Soups, Stews, and Pasta
- Beef Massaman Curry (Slow Cooker) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Beefy Chili Mac by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Kid Friendly Mac and Cheese in a Crockpot by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork & Lentil Stew by Gourmet Everyday
- Slow Cooker Baked Ziti by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup by Bites of Wellness
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Mexican Casserole by My Life Cookbook
- Slow Cooker Pesto Mozzarella Chicken Pasta by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Pork Stew by The Freshman Cook
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art, and fun collide each and every day!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!