Break out of the boring old potato salad rut with this Easy Roasted Potato Salad. Roasted Yukon gold potatoes are tossed with a light dressing of stone ground mustard, mayo, a touch of sweet pickle relish, and minced shallot.
Since this Easy Roasted Potato Salad calls for roasting the potatoes instead of boiling them, the extra flavor from the caramelization is what gives this potato salad its unique, and standalone taste. So ditch the pot of water and grab a baking sheet instead. NOW we’re talking!
After tossing the sliced potatoes with oil, lay them, cut side down, on the baking sheet. This step is necessary for optimal potato caramelization, and it’s the main thing that makes this Easy Roasted Potato Salad so flavorful and delicious.
Check out how easy this Easy Roasted Potato Salad is to make:
Slice baby Yukon gold potatoes into potato wedges. Toss them in a large bowl with salt, pepper and a bit of oil. Layer the oiled potatoes, cut side down on a baking sheet.
Mix together mayonnaise, stone ground mustard, sweet pickle relist, and minced shallots in a medium bowl while the potatoes are roasting in an 425 degree oven.
Place the roasted potatoes in a large bowl and immediately toss the hot potatoes with the dressing. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve warm, or refrigerate and serve cold.
- 2 pounds small Yukon gold potatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons light colored oil (I used grape seed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 large shallot, minced
- chopped, fresh parsley, optional
- additional salt and pepper, if needed, to taste.
- baking sheet
- spatula (to remove the roasted potatoes from the baking sheet)
- large bowl (for tossing the potatoes)
- medium bowl (for making the dressing)
- whisk (for whisking the dressing)
- cutting board (for cutting the potatoes and shallot)
- chefs knife (for slicing the potatoes and mincing the shallots)
- Serving bowl
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the sliced potatoes in a large bowl along with the oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place the potato slices, cut side down, in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and deeply caramelized.
- Meanwhile, whisk the mayonnaise, mustard, relish, and shallots until blended.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Use a spatula a remove the potatoes from the baking sheet, and place them in the large bowl.
- While the potatoes are warm, toss them with the mustard dressing. *Note - if you like a very creamy potato salad, add all of the dressing. If not, use less.
- Season with additional salt and pepper (if needed), garnish with fresh parsley, and serve immediately. Or, chill at least 1 hour, and serve cold.
This salad is delicious served warm, or chilled.
The following Dr. Suess wine glass doesn’t really have anything to do with the Easy Roasted Potato Salad recipe, but I thought the colors coordinated well. LOL. This is a glass that I painted a few years back after it was requested by a customer as a college graduation gift. Love that!
Each and every wine glass I ship is completely painted to order an unique. They’re totally dishwasher safe as well as being non-toxic. Each glass comes in its own gift box making them perfect for giving. Custom orders are always welcome. If there is ever anything I can paint for you, from glassware to fabrics (aprons and tea towels), please don’t hesitate to contact me or visit my shops: Etsy, Wazala, and Kudos Kitchen Paints.
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art, and fun collide each and every day!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!