This easy Cheesy Mexican Bean Dip can serve double duty as an appetizer or entree if served over cooked chicken, pork, and even hot dogs.
Cheesy Mexican Bean Dip is one of my all-time favorite recipes, and it takes only a few minutes to prepare on the stovetop. It's super cheesy, and the flavor is hearty with a mild heat. However, if you like it hotter, you can always ramp up the heat level with some sliced jalapenos or a splash (or 10) your favorite brand of hot sauce.
As I mentioned above, this Easy Cheesy Mexican Bean Dip can serve double duty in a whole bunch of ways. For example, this dip recipe actually stemmed from the fact that I had way too much of the ground beef and bean dip leftover after I'd made these Southwestern Sloppy José Hot Dogs.
Since I really liked the taste and consistency of the sloppy José hot dog beef and bean topping, I decided that this would also be a perfect bean dip if topped with lots and lots of cheese and then melted in the oven. And you know what? I was right!
Easy Cheesy Mexican Bean Dip is a surefire winner, and it's a recipe you'll be proud to serve your friends and family this Cinco de Mayo! Olé!!
The grocery list for making Cheesy Mexican Bean Dip is relatively short, and if you check your pantry and fridge you might have almost everything you need already in the house.
The following is the list of ingredients: ground beef, onion, tomato paste, fire-roasted diced tomatoes (one can), fire-roasted green chiles (one can), black beans (one can), salt, pepper, smoked paprika, ground cumin, garlic powder, shredded cheddar cheese, and shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
The step-by-step photo instructions:
Brown the ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium/high heat. Stir in the tomato paste, salt, pepper, and the can of fire-roasted tomatoes.
Add the can of black beans (drained and rinsed), the can of fire-roasted chiles, the smoked paprika, ground cumin, and garlic powder. Stir well to combine and heat through.
Spoon the dip into an oven-safe casserole dish, sprinkle the shredded cheeses over top, and bake at 375 degrees until the cheese is completely melted. Serve hot with chips.
Cheesy Mexican Bean Dip
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (14.4 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) fire-roasted green chiles
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown the beef and onion in a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- Stir in the tomato paste and the fire roasted tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium/low and stir in the green chiles, black beans, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, and garlic powder. Stir well and heat through.
- Spoon the mixture into an oven safe casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover the dip with the shredded cheeses and bake in a preheated oven for 12 minutes (or until the cheese is completely melted).
- Serve hot with tortilla or corn chips.
For additional recipes to help you celebrate Cinco de Mayo in style, please check out the following recipes for Frozen Mango Strawberry Margaritas and Healthy Delicious 15-Minute Mexican Beans & Rice.
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
To see more, like and follow me across my social media platforms (buttons shown below), and don't forget to tag me (@kudoskitchen) with photos and comments on the recipes you've made. I'll see you there!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – Where I joyously bring you easy, economical, and delicious comfort food dishes to feed the people you love!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!