This easy Cheesy Mexican Bean Dip can serve double duty as an appetizer or entree if served over cooked chicken, pork, and even hot dogs.
Cheesy Mexican Bean Dip is one of my all-time favorite recipes, and it takes only a few minutes to prepare on the stovetop. It’s super cheesy, and the flavor is hearty with a mild heat. However, if you like it hotter, you can always ramp up the heat level with some sliced jalapenos or a splash (or 10) your favorite brand of hot sauce.
To follow my Kudos Kitchen posts and shares on Facebook, please click HERE.
As I mentioned above, this Easy Cheesy Mexican Bean Dip can serve double duty in a whole bunch of ways. For example, this dip recipe actually stemmed from the fact that I had way too much of the ground beef and bean dip leftover after I’d made these Southwestern Sloppy José Hot Dogs.
Since I really liked the taste and consistency of the sloppy José hot dog beef and bean topping, I decided that this would also be a perfect bean dip if topped with lots and lots of cheese and then melted in the oven. And you know what? I was right!
Easy Cheesy Mexican Bean Dip is a surefire winner, and it’s a recipe you’ll be proud to serve your friends and family this Cinco de Mayo! Olé!!
The grocery list for making Cheesy Mexican Bean Dip is relatively short, and if you check your pantry and fridge you might have almost everything you need already in house. The following is the list of ingredients: ground beef, onion, tomato paste, fire roasted diced tomatoes (one can), fire roasted green chiles (one can), black beans (one can), salt, pepper, smoked paprika, ground cumin, garlic powder, shredded cheddar cheese, and shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
Let’s get busy making Easy Cheese Mexican Bean Dip for Cinco de Mayo.
Brown the ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium/high heat. Stir in the tomato paste, salt, pepper, and the can of fire roasted tomatoes.
Add the can of black beans (drained and rinsed), the can of fire roasted chiles, the smoked paprika, ground cumin, and garlic garlic powder. Stir well to combine and heat through.
Spoon the dip into a oven safe casserole dish, sprinkle the shredded cheeses over top, and bake at 375 degrees until the cheese is completely melted. Serve hot with chips.
Easy Cheesy Cinco de Mayo Mexican Bean Dip
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can 14.5 ounces fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can 4 ounces fire roasted green chiles
- 1 can 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown the beef and onion in a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- Stir in the tomato paste and the fire roasted tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium/low and stir in the green chiles, black beans, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, and garlic powder. Stir well and heat through.
- Spoon the mixture into an oven safe casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover the dip with the shredded cheeses and bake in a preheated oven for 12 minutes (or until the cheese is completely melted).
- Serve hot with tortilla or corn chips.
For additional recipes to help you celebrate Cinco de Mayo in style, please check out the following recipes for Frozen Mango Strawberry Margaritas and Healthy Delicious 15-Minute Mexican Beans & Rice.
And last, but certainly not least, I’m coordinating this recipe for Easy Cheesy Mexican Bean Dip with my chili pepper hand painted pitcher. It’s the perfect way to serve your margaritas. It’s fun, whimsical, colorful, and festive!
This chili pepper pitcher design (as well as many others) is available for purchase by contacting me directly, or by visiting my shop. I lovingly hand paint every glassware item to order with great attention to detail. Special orders are always welcome. Please contact me today for a price quote.
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art, and fun collide each and every day!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!