Chocolate Mint Brownie Cupcakes are extremely delicious with a chewy brownie texture, and a light mint flavor you’ll love.
What goes better with chocolate than mint? Well, maybe peanut butter, but that’s a topic for another day. LOL
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Chocolate Mint Brownie Cupcakes is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- granulated sugar
- pure vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- green mint chips
- cream cheese
- green sanding sugar (optional)
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- microwave-safe bowl
- large mixing bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- silicone spatula
- wooden spoon
- muffin tin
- ice cream scoop (for scooping batter)
- paper cupcake liners
- kitchen timer
- cooling rack
- small bowl (optional, for sanding sugar)
- shamrock picks (optional, for decoration)
Why this recipe works?
They are delicious with the dense chocolaty texture of a brownie, but they have the beloved shape of a cupcake.
They don’t take any special equipment to make.
A large bowl, whisk, and wooden spoon are the basic essentials.
Can Chocolate Mint Brownie Cupcakes be frozen?
Store them in a single layer in an air-tight freezer container for up to 3 months.
Can these cupcakes be made without the mint chips?
If you’d like to make these brownie cupcakes without the mint chips, feel free to use additional semi-sweet chips, or even white chocolate chips in place of the mint chips.
The step-by-step photo instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, on 50% power, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter, check it often, and occasionally stir.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk the chocolate mixture with the egg mixture until incorporated.
- Switch to a wooden spoon and stir the flour into the chocolate mixture, making sure not to over mix the batter.
- Fill 12 muffin cups half-full with the chocolate batter.
- Top the chocolate batter with approximately 1 tablespoon of the mint chips.
- Divide the remaining batter among the cupcakes, making sure to cover the chips completely.
- Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by melting the mint chips and butter in the microwave at 50% power, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in the milk and cream cheese until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, dip the top of each cupcake into the green icing and allow the excess to drip slightly back into the bowl.
- While the icing is still wet, sprinkle each cupcake with the green sanding sugar (if desired) and serve.
Additional St. Patrick’s Day recipes:
*Irish Soda Bread with Caraway and Dill (shown below)
Irish Soda Bread with Caraway and Dill is super simple to make, but it packs a huge punch of flavor! You’re going to love this savory quick bread!!
*Irish Corned Beef Boxty (not shown)
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a classically stuffed boxty. An Irish Corned Beef Boxty is a potato pancake stuffed with tender corned beef and lots of melted Swiss cheese.
*Boozy No-Churn Irish Coffee Ice Cream (shown below)
Save this Boozy Irish Coffee Ice Cream for after the kiddos have gone to bed, and then you can savor the flavor of being a grownup!
*Traditional Irish Shortbread (not shown)
This rolled Traditional Irish Shortbread is rich and buttery. It’s simply the best-tasting cookie that requires only four simple ingredients. This must be your lucky day!
*Chocolate Mint Brownie Cupcakes (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s chocolate mint cupcakes with a brownie-like texture.
If you’ve made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment to leave it a star rating in the recipe card, along with a comment if you’re so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
CHOCOLATE MINT BROWNIE CUPCAKES
For the cupcakes:
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, plus 2 tablespoons
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup green mint chips
For the icing:
- 1 cup green mint chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- Green sanding sugar optional
This recipe was originally shared in 2014. This post has been updated with additional information, including a recipe card complete with nutritional information, but the recipe itself has remained unchanged.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s chocolate brownie cupcakes (with mint) recipe as much as I’ve enjoyed brining it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!