This easy braising technique of cooking red potatoes will ensure their crisp and flavorful outside and their wonderfully soft and creamy inside. Braised Crispy Red Potatoes with Lemon Dill Sauce.
I saw this method for braising potatoes one day while I was watching America’s Test Kitchen on Netflix. I knew immediately that I had to try it, and share it with you!
The thing that I did differently than what I saw on America’s Test Kitchen was that I used dill weed flavor the potatoes during the cooking process, and again as a garnish upon completion along with some lemon juice and lemon zest. This braising technique for red potatoes is quick, flawless, and ready in under 30 minutes.
Braised Crispy Red Potatoes with Lemon and Dill
- 1½ pounds red new potatoes halved crosswise
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 dill sprigs plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place the potatoes in an even layer, cut side down, in a large skillet.
- Add the water to the skillet along with the salt, butter, 2 dill sprigs, and garlic.
- Cover the skillet and bring to a boil over medium/high heat. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Uncover the skillet, remove the dill, and continue cooking the potatoes for an additional 10 minutes until the water evaporates and the potatoes sizzle in the butter remaining in the pan.
- Check the potatoes occasionally to make sure they're not sticking, and continue browning the potatoes until deeply golden in color.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and additional chopped dill if desired.
- Stir, and serve immediately.
Cheers to some really delicious potatoes, and to some really fun and whimsical wine glasses. Just keeping it real, gang…Get it? *wink*
If there’s ever anything I can paint for you, from glassware to fabrics (aprons and tea towels), please don’t hesitate to contact me or visit my shop on Etsy or Wazala (the links can be found in the navigation bar). Custom orders are always welcome, and I will happily design and paint from any photo or description you send my way.
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art, and fun collide each and every day!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!