The unexpected flavors of bacon and root beer pair deliciously well in this surprising Bacon Root Beer Bundt Cake. It's the perfect cake for any Autumn celebration.
I can hardly believe that this is the last post for #BaconMonth 2017. I've had a ton of fun participating with this group of 9 food bloggers as we've all come up with our own unique recipes that feature bacon as the star ingredient.Jump to Recipe
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Bacon Root Beer Bundt Cake is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the "jump to recipe" button above to be taken directly to the recipe.
I decided to save this recipe for Bacon Root Beer Bundt Cake for the last post for #BaconMonth because it's always best to end on a sweet note.
As I've heard it said, "They may forget what you make for dinner, but dessert will stick in their minds forever!"
I'm not sure how true that saying is, but with this bacon root beer bundt cake you'll definitely leave them surprised, and then ultimately delighted!
When I say that this bacon root beer cake has an unexpectedly delicious flavor, it's not that I threw caution to the wind and added ingredients just for the sake of adding ingredients (although that's just what I did). LOL.
Since I knew I was going to use a prepared spice cake mix, I also knew that the flavor of the root beer would pair nicely with the spicy notes of the cake.
Add to that the light smoky touch of bacon and what you have is a cake that is super moist, flavorful, and unexpectedly delicious, in an expected kind of way!
The ingredient list:
- spice cake mix
- root beer
- root beer extract (vanilla will also work)
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
- canola oil
- confectioner's sugar
- baking spray
The easy instructions:
- In a large bowl blend together the cake mix, eggs, canola oil, bacon grease, root beer, and root beer (or vanilla) extract.
- Stir in the cooked and crumbled bacon.
- Pour the batter evenly into a prepared bundt pan that has been sprayed liberally with baking spray.
- Bake the cake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes and then invert it onto a serving plate to cool completely.
- Once the cake is completely cooked, whisk together the confectioner's sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of root beer.
- Whisk until your desired consistency.
- Spoon the root beer glaze over the completely cooled bacon root beer bundt cake and garnish with the remaining cooked and crumbled bacon.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today's easy cake mix bundt cake recipe featuring bacon and root beer.
Unexpectedly Delicious Bacon Root Beer Bundt Cake
- For the cake:
- 1 pound bacon cooked, drained (reserve 3 tablespoons bacon grease), and crumbled.
- Reserve ½ cup of the bacon crumbles and set aside.
- 1 box spice cake mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup root beer
- 1 teaspoon root beer extract may substitute vanilla extract
- For the icing:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons root beer more if needed
- reserved ½ cup bacon crumbles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a bundt pan liberally with baking spray. Set aside.
- To make the cake:
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to blend together the cake mix, eggs, oil, bacon grease, root beer and root beer extract on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fold all but the ½ cup reserved crumbled bacon into the cake mix until well combined.
- Pour the cake batter evenly into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50 minutes (or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean).
- Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes, then carefully invert the cake pan on to a serving platter. Remove pan and allow the cake to cool completely before icing.
- To make the icing:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and root beer until thick and creamy. *Note - to thin the icing, use additional root beer (1 teaspoon at a time) until your desired consistency.
- Spoon the icing liberally over the cooled cake and top with the reserved ½ cup of cooked and crumbled bacon.
- Slice and serve at room temperature.
wooden skewer or long toothpick
wooden spoon or spatula
hand mixer or stand mixer
I've had a complete blast participating in bacon month this year, and if I'm going to be completely honest my husband has loved it even more than I have. LOL
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
To see more, like and follow me across my social media platforms (buttons shown below), and don't forget to tag me (@kudoskitchen) with photos and comments on the recipes you've made. I'll see you there!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – Where I joyously bring you easy, economical, and delicious comfort food dishes to feed the people you love!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!