What’s that got to do with a tropical oatmeal cookie you ask? Well, let me explain…
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Aloha Tropical Oatmeal Cookies is available near the end of this post.
The ingredient list;
- Brown Sugar
- Buttermilk or Buttermilk Substitute
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Almond Meal
- Baking Soda
- Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- Macadamia Nuts
- Chocolate Covered Raisins (optional)
You’ll completely fall in “love” (ALOHA) with the combination of flavors in these tropical oatmeal cookies!
These cookies will make you so “joyful” (ALOHA) you’ll need to do some serious “sharing” (ALOHA) with your family and friends.
They’ll give you an abundance of “life’s energy” (ALOHA) while you savor each bite while being totally “present” (ALOHA) to the flavor sensation going on in your mouth!
That’s a big claim for one little oatmeal cookie, you say?
Guess you’ll just have to try my recipe for yourself and see what I’m talking about! Trust me, you’ll be saying ALOHA from your very first bite!!!
Instructions and ingredients for making homemade buttermilk;
How to make tropical oatmeal cookies;
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl, using a hand mixer), cream the butter and the brown sugar (I use the paddle attachment with my stand mixer)
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and the buttermilk.
- Add the egg mixture to the creamed butter mixture and blend well, making sure to scrape the sides of your bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture, in 3 separate additions, and blend until just combined (being careful not to over beat the dough).
- Once the dough is thoroughly combined, add the coconut, chopped macadamia nuts, and chocolate covered raisins (optional).
- Blend until all the ingredients are completely combined.
- Using a small melon baller (or two teaspoons) drop your dough onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Using the top and middle rack of your oven, place two cookie sheets at a time into the oven for 10 minutes and then rotate the sheets and continue baking for an additional 10 more minutes (20 minutes total).
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- 2 sticks butter softened, I prefer salted.
- 2 cups brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1½ cups chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chocolate covered raisins
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl, using a hand mixer), cream the butter and the brown sugar.
In a small bowl, beat the eggs and the buttermilk.
Add the egg mixture to the creamed butter mixture and blend well, making sure to scrape the sides of your bowl.
In another large bowl, add the flour, almond meal, oatmeal, baking soda, and salt and whisk to combine.
Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture, in 3 separate additions, and blend until just combined.
Once the dough is thoroughly combined, add the coconut, macadamia nuts, and the chocolate covered raisins.
Blend until all the ingredients are completely combined.
Using a melon baller (or two teaspoons) drop your dough onto parchment lined baking sheets.
Bake the cookies in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes rotating the baking sheets halfway through the baking process.
Remove the cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Repeat process with the remaining dough.
Tropical Oatmeal Cookies are simply THE BEST oatmeal cookie I’ve ever had!
In addition, my family gives this ALOHA Oatmeal Cookie a unanimous 2 thumbs up, and if that’s not a “present” (ALOHA) to a mom, I don’t know what is!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for Aloha Oatmeal Cookies as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!