When it comes to delicious and hearty protein-packed breakfast or brunch, nothing beats a plate of buttery-rich Keto Steak and Eggs Over Asparagus.
I'm always excited to have brunch, and I almost always gravitate toward the savory dishes, and not so much the sweet ones. This dish of Steak and Eggs Over Asparagus is everything my brunch dreams are made of!
When it comes to uncomplicated dishes, you really can't get any easier than a grilled steak seasoned simply with salt and pepper over a bed of fresh asparagus (my favorite springtime vegetable), all topped with a farm-fresh fried egg (runny yolk optional, but highly advised).
I've not always been a fan of the runny yolk. However, over the past few years, I've converted my way of thinking and now I consider the runny yolk a golden sauce that enhances the flavor of everything it comes in contact with.
And so it goes with this Buttery Rich Keto Steak and Eggs Over Asparagus dish. Consider the runny yolk the "buttery rich" part of the recipe. Especially when it marries with the beefy goodness of the steak and delicious and nutritious asparagus underneath. YUM!!
This recipe for Steak and Eggs over Asparagus can either be made on an outdoor grill or on an indoor grill pan. Since we're still not sure in Illinois if we're going to start spring, or if we'll be stuck in winter for the rest of our lives, I made mine on an indoor grill pan.
With a dish as uncomplicated as buttery-rich Steak and Eggs over Asparagus, it's imperative that you use the best ingredients you can. For this dish, you need your favorite variety of steaks, I used strip steaks, fresh eggs, fresh asparagus, and good-quality extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Brush both sides of the steaks with olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Grill the steaks to your desired doneness and keep warm. In the same pan, add the asparagus with a touch more olive oil. Season the asparagus with salt and pepper, and grill them for approximately 3-4 minutes, or until just tender. Plate the asparagus. Keep warm.
Cook eggs in olive oil to your desired doneness, and season with salt and pepper. Top the prepared asparagus with the prepared steak and top the steak with the egg. Serve hot.
Printable Recipe Card
Steak and Eggs Over Asparagus
- 2 strip steaks 8 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
To make the steaks:
- Brush each steak on both sides with a thin coating of olive oil. Season each steak, on both sides, with salt and pepper.
- Heat an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high. Cook the steaks on both sides to your desired doneness. Remove the steak to a plate, cover, and keep warm.
- Cook the asparagus in the grill pan with approximately 2 teaspoons of olive oil until just tender. Season with salt and pepper. Remove. Plate, and keep warm.
- Fry the eggs in olive oil in a skillet over medium heat to your desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, add the prepared steak on top of the prepared asparagus and top the steak with the egg. Serve immediately.
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – Where I joyously bring you easy, economical, and delicious comfort food dishes to feed the people you love!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!