When dinner is this delicious, and the cleanup can be done in a blink of an eye, there's no reason not to make this easy Maple Mustard Chicken Thigh Sheet Pan Supper tonight!
With the popularity of sheet pan dinners going through the roof, I wanted to bring you a recipe that would utilize some of autumn's best-tasting vegetables and flavors, along with the always popular, moist and meaty, boneless and skinless chicken thigh. The result is this incredibly flavorful and Easy Maple Mustard Chicken Thigh Sheet Pan Supper.
I used Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes as my autumn vegetables, but any variety of winter squash would also work well. As long as you cut the squash into smaller size pieces so they'll cook in the same amount of time as the chicken, you're good to go.
The time it takes to prep this sheet pan dinner is minimal. Maybe 15-20 minutes. Enough time to marinate the chicken breast, peel and cut the the sweet potatoes, and trim and halve the Brussels sprouts. However, with all the time saving products and ingredients you can find in the market these days, if you can find the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts already prepped, even better if you're not in the mood to wield your chef's knife.
The step-by-step photo instructions:
- Assemble the chicken marinade ingredients: pure maple syrup, stone ground mustard and lime juice.
- Whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken thighs in a zip top bag and pour in the maple mustard mixture.
- Allow the chicken to marinade at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the sweet potatoes into 1½" pieces and trim (cut off the bottom and remove the outer leaves) the Brussels sprouts, and cut in half.
- Place the prepared sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Add grape seed oil (or other light flavored oil), salt, pepper and freshly grated nutmeg. Toss well.
- Place the seasoned sweet potatoes and sprouts on a 9 x 13 sheet pan, along with the marinated chicken thighs.
- Discard the remaining marinade left in the bag. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are fork tender, and caramelized.
Easy Maple Mustard Chicken Thigh Sheet Pan Supper
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1½ tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 large zip top bag
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1½" pieces
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil or other light flavored oil
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk the maple syrup, mustard and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Add the chicken thighs to a large zip top bag and pour in the maple syrup marinade.
- Allow the chicken to marinade at least 20 minutes while you preparing the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts.
- Place the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl.
- Add the grape seed oil, salt, pepper and nutmeg to the potatoes and sprouts. Toss well to coat.
- Spread the potatoes and sprouts evenly on a 9x13 sheet pan.
- Add the marinated chicken to the sheet pan and discard any remaining marinade.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are fork tender and caramelized.
Since sharing is caring, here are a whole bunch of other sheet pan suppers from around the web that I think you'll also enjoy:
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.