Chocolate Espresso Peppermint Fudge is rich, creamy, and not overly sweet. It makes the perfect homemade food gift which will show the people on your gift list just how much you care!
The ingredient list:
- peppermint patty candy
- pure vanilla extract
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- evaporated milk
- marshmallow fluff
- espresso powder
How this recipe came to be
I happen to love the flavor of peppermint during the holidays. However, neither of my sons are in favor of the flavor of peppermint. But, since I do all of the cooking and baking in the family, I get to choose what ingredients I add to my recipes. LOL Sorry, boys!
Having said that, both my boys enjoyed the flavor of this Chocolate Espresso Peppermint Fudge. I think it's the subtlety of the peppermint flavored candy which is sandwiched between two creamy layers of espresso chocolate fudge. What can be wrong about that, I ask you?
Why this recipe works
The recipe for Chocolate Espresso Peppermint Fudge goes together quickly, and even a novice candy maker will be successful making it.
Chocolate lovers, you're going to go crazy for the flavor of this peppermint and espresso fudge. It's the addition of the espresso powder that kicks up the flavor of the chocolate to a whole new level!
Important tip for success
The only one very important tip I have for you is to make sure your saucepan isn't too hot when you melt the butter and add the sugar.
If it is too hot, the sugar will crystalize and not melt. If that happens, there is no way to rescue it, and you'll need to start all over from scratch. Trust me. Been there. Done that.
What else to do with espresso powder
If you're saying to yourself, hey, once I purchase espresso powder for this recipe, what in the world am I going to do with the rest of the jar?
Well, I like to add a ½ teaspoon into my morning coffee for that extra jolt of caffeine that helps me to start my day.
Or, I also like to add a little to my hot chocolate, because why not?
Or, go really crazy and rub some onto a steak next time you're ready to grill. You'll be amazed at what a little espresso powder can do to add extra depth and flavor to grilled beef! YUM!!!
Additional fudge recipes
Fudge is one of the easiest food gifts you can give to someone with a sweet tooth. I've made many different flavors of fudge over the years and have shared two of my previous favorites (until now) on the blog. They are both winners in my book!
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
Creamy Chocolate Espresso Peppermint Fudge
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- 2½ cups granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow fluff
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 - 15 each peppermint patty candy unwrapped
- Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spray it liberally with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium/low heat, melt the butter and add the evaporated milk.
- Add the granulated sugar and stir frequently until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat to medium and stir in the salt, espresso powder, and marshmallow fluff.
- Slowly bring the mixture up to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Once the mixture boils, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Stir well until the chips are completely melted.
- Carefully pour half of the chocolate fudge mixture into the prepared 8x8 pan.
- Layer the peppermint patty candy evenly over the bottom fudge layer and then carefully pour the remaining fudge over top of the peppermint candy.
- Chill to set (at least 1 hour, but longer is better).
- Lift the fudge out of the pan using the foil to lift.
- Peel the foil away from the fudge, and slice fudge into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
whisk or spatula
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!