There are definite times after a delicious meal that you just want a little bite of something sweet but nothing that will weigh you down... especially on Valentine's Day! *wink,wink*
This recipe completely fits the bill (with only 200 calories per slice) and a taste that will certainly hit the bulls eye of love! LOL, Did I just say that?!? Come celebrate #SundaySupper with someone you love!
Yield: 12 servings
3 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2-1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1 egg yolk, beaten
2 teaspoon vanilla extract (divided)
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry jelly
fresh raspberries to garnish
-Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
-In a small dry skillet, toast the pecans, stirring occasionally over medium/low heat until you start to smell them. Remove from heat.
-In a small bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
-Add the flour and the toasted pecans and mix well.
-Press the crust mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9" round tart pan.
-Bake the crust for approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool while you make the filling.
-In a small sauce pan over low heat, combine the sugar and flour.
-Increase the heat to medium/high and whisk in the evaporated milk.
-Cook and whisk until the mixture is thickened and bubbly.
-Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking for an additional few minutes.
-In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk and the vanilla and almond extract.
-Add a small amount (roughly a tablespoon or two) of the hot custard mixture into the egg yolk mixture and stir to combine. (This is called tempering the egg so it gradually becomes accustom to the hot custard temperature and doesn't turn into scrambled eggs when you add it back into the saucepan).
-Now add the egg yolk mixture into the saucepan and continue cooking over medium heat until the mixture thickens considerably.
-Remove from the heat and stir in one more teaspoon of vanilla extract.
-Carefully pour the hot custard mix over the cooled crust in the tart pan.
-Allow this to cool completely in the fridge for at least 1/2 hour (or longer).
-In a small saucepan over low heat, add the raspberry jelly and heat it until it becomes liquid and syrupy.
-Pour the raspberry syrup over the custard layer of your tart and return to the fridge to cool completely.
-Once set, garnish the top with the fresh raspberries and serve.
Make sure you check out the other #SundaySupper participants to see what they’ve made for our Valentine’s Day #SundaySupper!
#SundaySupper Valentine’s Day Breakfasts, Apps & Main Dishes:
- Asparagus, Clam & Bay Shrimp Pasta from Galactopdx
- Bacon Double Cheese Burger Bites from In the Kitchen with KP
- Cheese Stuffed Cannelloni from Curious Cuisiniere
- Garlic Shrimp Bruschetta from MarocMama
- Green Olive, Goat Cheese & Basil Crostini from Hip Foodie Mom
- Indian Shrimp Pulao from Soni’s Food
- Individual Beef “Phyll-ingtons” from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ranch, Bacon and Cheese Crisps from Daily Dish Recipes
- Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Rissóis de Camarão | Portuguese Shrimp Dumplings from Family Foodie
- Spicy Red Cabbage Quiche | Veggie Quiche Recipe from Masala Herb
- Banana Bourbon Blondies from The Messy Baker
- Banana Cream Napoleon from Food Lust People Love
- Brown Butter M&M Cookies from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Brown Butter Rolo Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies from Damn Delicious
- Chocolate Baumkuchen from Webicurean
- Chocolate Bread Pudding from La Cocina de Leslie
- Chocolate Chip Banana Cake with Banana Cream from The Lovely Pantry
- Chocolate Covered Bacon from I Run For Wine
- Chocolate Covered Stuffed Strawberries from Country Girl in the Village
- Chocolate Mousse from Mom, What’s For Dinner?
- Chocolate Roll filled with Nutella Cream from Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream with Cherry Sauce from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas with Chocolate Sauce from The Roxx Box
- Coconut Sweetheart Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coeur a la Creme from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cream Cheese Mints from Simply Gourmet
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Mousse with Coconut Cream from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Torte from Kelly Bakes
- #GlutenFree Chocolate Almond Cloudless Cake from Cooking Underwriter
- Heart Shaped White Chocolate Cakes with Raspberry Cream from Noshing with the Nolands
- Homemade Cherry Mash Candies from Juanita’s Cocina
- Maple-Date Bars from Diabetic Foodie
- Meyer Lemon Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Mini Samoa Bundt Cakes from Ruffles & Truffles
- Molten Chocolate Lava Cake from Gotta Get Baked
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes from The Meltaways
- Pistachio and Chocolate Souffle from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Raspberry Custard Tart from Kudos Kitchen
- Raw Fudge Love from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red Velvet French Macarons with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Red Velvet Ice Cream Sandwiches from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookie Bars from Chocolate Moosey
- Red Wine Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting from The Urban Mrs.
- Strawberry Shortcake! from The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Valentine Cake Hearts from Ninja Baking
- Tres Leches Tea Cakes with Honey Riesling Soaked Fruit from Neighborfood
- Valentine’s Bakewell Tarts from Happy Baking Days
- Valentines Chocolate Apples from Big Bear’s Wife
- Blood Orange Vodka Martinis from The Catholic Foodie
- Bloody Raspberry Cocktail from My Cute Bride
- Strawberry Gin Fizz from girlichef
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter today to talk all about Valentine’s eats and treats! We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos!