Roasted Parsnips & Carrots with Cardamom and Maple Syrup are a glorious mix of yellow parsnips and vibrant orange carrots which are oven-roasted to a tender-crisp, and then drizzled with pure maple syrup and sprinkled with spicy and sweet cardamom to finish.
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Roasted Parsnips & Carrots with Cardamom and Maple Syrup is available near the end of this post.
Unprocessed foods. What does that term mean exactly?
- Well, in a nutshell, it means nothing that comes in a box, can or package that sits on the grocery store shelf for an extended period of time.
- Unprocessed means nothing has been packaged by manufacturers with all manner of shelf stabilizers, additives, colors, and/or fragrances added to the product.
- Figure it this way; if you've seen it on a TV commercial, odds are, it's NOT unprocessed, and it's NOT something you or your family should be eating in your diet on a regular basis.
Unprocessed foods are foods the way Mother Nature intended us to eat them. Pure, straight from the earth's goodness with all their natural colors and flavors inherently provided by the sun, soil and rain.
The ingredient list:
- Olive Oil
- Ground Cardamom
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Salt & Pepper
How to make roasted parsnips and carrots:
- Peel the parsnips and carrots. Cut the peeled vegetables into 2" - 2½" batons. Place the parsnips and carrots in a large bowl and toss them with olive oil and butter.
- Layer the prepared vegetables onto a prepared baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray, and drizzle them with pure maple syrup. Sprinkle the vegetables with the ground cardamom, salt, and pepper. Roast them in a 425-degree preheated oven for 30 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking process.
Below is the printable recipe card for today's Roasted Parsnips & Carrots with Cardamom & Pure Maple Syrup.
Printable Recipe Card
Roasted Parsnips and Carrots
- 4-5 large parsnips, peeled and cut into 2" batons
- 4-5 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2" batons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1½ teaspoons coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the parsnips and carrots in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, butter, and maple syrup. Pour the wet ingredients over the parsnips and carrots and toss to coat.
- Pour the vegetables in an even layer on a prepared baking sheet which has been covered with tin foil (optional)
- Sprinkle the parsnips with the salt, pepper, and ground cardamom.
- Roast in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, toss the vegetables, and return the vegetables to the oven to roast for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's Kudos Kitchen recipe for Roasted Parsnips & Carrots with Cardamom and Maple Syrup as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!