Cauliflower Sweet Potato Mashers
When you’re looking for something to satisfy your craving for mashed potatoes but don’t want all those pesky carbs and calories, make these Cauliflower Sweet Potato Mashers. They’re fantastic!
Servings: 8 cups
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- ½ cup chicken broth vegetable broth may be substituted
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
Place the cauliflower and sweet potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Boil until both the potatoes and cauliflower are fork tender. Drain.
Add the butter, black pepper, and chicken broth. Mash with a potato masher.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 1032mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 12190IU | Vitamin C: 37.7mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 0.8mg