Orzo Pasta Salad with Sweet Corn and Blueberries
Surprise Chilled Orzo Pasta Salad with Sweet Corn & Blueberries may be a little unexpected, but after your first bite, you'll keep coming back for more!
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 box orzo pasta cooked to package directions and drained.
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice approximately 3-4 limes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1½ cups corn kernels frozen will work
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro plus more for garnish if desired
Add the cooked pasta to a large bowl.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, shallots, mustard, and honey. Pour the dressing over the pasta and stir to combine.
Add the corn, blueberries, scallions and ¼ cup of the chopped cilantro. Stir well.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Tools and equipment:
large pot for cooking pasta
chef's knife and cutting board
Serving: 1 | Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 67IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg