Homemade Buttermilk Alternative
This fast and easy buttermilk alternative will work perfectly for any time a recipe calls for buttermilk.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Whole milk, reduced fat milk, skim milk, almond milk, soy milk may be used for the milk.
Lemon or lime juice, white vinegar, or apple cider vinegar may be used as the acid.
- For 1 cup buttermilk = 1 cup milk + 1 Tablespoon acid
- For ¾ cup buttermilk = ¾ cup milk + 2½ teaspoons acid
- For ⅔ cup buttermilk = ⅔ cup milk + 2 teaspoons acid
- For ½ cup buttermilk = ½ cup milk + 1½ teaspoons acid
- For ¼ cup buttermilk = ¼ cup milk + ¾ teaspoon acid
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 111mg | Potassium: 330mg | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Calcium: 283mg