Avocado Orange Salad with Orange Poppy Seed Dressing
This retro avocado orange salad is delightfully healthy and delicious. And the orange poppy seed dressing is the perfect finishing touch.
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 mandarin oranges peeled, cleaned and separated into segments.
- 2 ripe avocados peeled, pit removed and cut into 1" chunks
- 3 cups chopped endive or your favorite lettuce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- zest from one orange approximately 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper divided
Place the avocado chunks in a small bowl and drizzle with lemon juice. Add 3/4 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Toss gently to coat.
Place the chopped lettuce in the bottom of a salad bowl.
Top the lettuce evenly with the prepared mandarin orange segments and the prepared avocado chunks.
Cover and keep chilled for up to 4 hours (if needed).
In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, orange zest, orange juice, and poppy seeds until smooth and creamy. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Before serving, season the salad lightly with additional salt and pepper (if desired), and drizzle the dressing over the salad.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 437mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 13g