Big Mac Burger Salad
This easy to make main course salad tastes very much like that iconic fast-food burger it's named after. This big mac salad will cure your burger craving, but with a healthier twist, and without waiting in line at the local burger joint.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1½ tablespoons dehydrated minced onions
- ½ cup chopped dill pickles
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grape tomatoes halved (optional)
- 1 cup salad croutons
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1½ tablespoons sesame seeds optional, not shown
In a large skillet brown the ground beef over medium/high heat until no longer pink.
Stir in the dehydrated onions, chopped dill pickle, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
Set aside and keep warm.
In a medium bowl whisk the mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, ketchup, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and yellow mustard.
In a large bowl, layer the romaine lettuce, ground beef mixture, special sauce, shredded cheddar cheese, grape tomatoes, croutons, and sesame seeds (if using).
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 739kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 32g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 1284mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 11g