Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Chili
A delicious and hearty chili with all the flavors of fall.
Servings: 10 cups
- · 1 pound bulk Italian sausage browned (omit if making vegetarian chili)
- · 2 pounds butternut squash that has been seeded and cut into 2" cubes
- · 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- · 1 can 15.5 ounces light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- · 2 cans 15.5 ounces dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- · 1 can 15.5 ounce 100% pure pumpkin puree
- · 1 cup beef broth substitute vegetable broth if making vegetarian chili
- · 2 cloves garlic minced
- · 1 teaspoon allspice
- · 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- · 1½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- · 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- · 1 teaspoon black pepper
- · 2 tablespoons butter
- · Greek yogurt or sour cream for serving if desired
Brown the sausage in a large skillet, breaking into small pieces as it browns.
In an 8-quart slow cooker, add all the ingredients (except the butter and Greek yogurt) and stir well.
Cover and set the cooker on low for 6 hours.
Uncover, add the butter, and stir well.
Serve in bowls with Greek yogurt or sour cream as garnish (if desired) and the pumpkin-shaped biscuits.
Serving: 1.5 cups | Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 734mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g