Fried Corn with Bacon and Sweet Bell Peppers
Fried Corn with bacon and sweet bell peppers is a delicious and colorful side dish that can be made indoors, or outside on the grill. It's a delicious dish that will please just about everyone!
Servings: 10 servings
- 8 cups sweet corn kernels removed from cobs, or canned (drained), or frozen (thawed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and finely diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and finely diced
- 3/4 pound bacon cooked, drained, and crumbled or cut
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
In a large, high sided stock pot and using a sharp chef's knife, slice the kernels
off the cob and directly into the stock pot. *Note - I used a small bowl to
prop up the ears of corn on as I sliced the kernels right into the pot with no
muss and no fuss.*
Add the olive oil and the butter into the pot with the corn and cook over
medium/high heat for about 5 minutes.
Add the diced bell peppers and the garlic to the pot. Stir and continue to cook over
medium/high heat for an additional 5 or so minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add in the cooked and crumbled bacon and the salt and pepper.
Decrease the heat to medium/low for approximately 3-5 minutes.