Berry Delicious Chicken Avocado Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
A little sweet, a little savory, and a whole lot of tasty goodness. This salad makes a perfect light main course for when you're trying to eat lighter.
- 4 cups assorted baby lettuce leaves, or your favorite lettuce
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, optional
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- pinch salt, I like pink Himalayan
- pinch pepper, or to taste
- ¼ cup strawberry balsamic vinegar, or your favorite balsamic flavor
- ½ cup avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Toss the first ten ingredients into a large bowl. Chill.
In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, add the balsamic vinegar, oil, Dijon mustard, and garlic. Shake well to combine.
Lightly drizzle the vinaigrette over the chilled salad and serve.
This salad can be made with or without the chicken.
Double the vinaigrette dressing ingredients to make enough for the entire week (or longer). Store the vinaigrette in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before serving.
Tools and equipment;
large bowl, salad tongs, measuring spoons, measuring cups, chef's knife, and cutting board.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 506kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 293mg | Potassium: 377mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 4300IU | Vitamin C: 12.4mg | Calcium: 176mg | Iron: 1.9mg