Easy Creamy Egg Salad Canapés
Easy Creamy Egg Salad Canapés are the perfect appetizer. If you love deviled eggs, you'll adore these easy appetizers. And the fact that you can make the creamy egg salad in advance makes them even more aPEELing!
Servings: 18 servings
- 1 dozen hard-boiled eggs peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 ribs celery finely diced
- 1 large shallot finely diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 cocktail bread cut into slices or baguette slices
- 1 tablespoon chives minced, optional
In a large bowl, stir together the first 8 ingredients. Cover and chill for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
To serve spoon a heaping tablespoon of egg salad onto each cocktail bread slice and garnish with minced chives.
tools and equipment:
large bowl, wooden spoon, egg slicer or chef's knife, cutting board, measuring spoons, measuring cups, medium saucepan
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 330mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg