Farmer's Market Veggie Salad
Farmer's Market Vveggie Salad is a seasonally delicious and healthy salad which is a great accompaniment any meal, or as an entire meal in and of itself!
Servings: 6 - 7 cups
- FOR THE VEGETABLES:
- 3 ears of fresh corn husks and silks removed and discarded, kernels removed and saved (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 pound of fresh green beans trimmed, and cut into 1½ - 2 inch pieces (approximately 3 cups)
- 3 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1 small red onion chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 medium zucchini chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 medium jalapeno seeded and finely chopped (approximately 1½ tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch salt pinch pepper
TO ASSEMBLE THE SALAD:
Place the cut green beans and the corn kernels in a large microwave safe bowl along with 2 tablespoons water.
Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove. Stir.
Return the corn and green beans to the microwave and microwave for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove and cool slightly.
Add the grape tomato halves, red onion, zucchini and chopped jalapeno to the corn and beans.
Stir in the salt, pepper and chopped cilantro.
TO MAKE THE DRESSING:
Place all of the ingredients into a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well to combine.
Pour half of the vinaigrette over the fresh vegetables and stir well to combine.
Cover the salad and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Before serving add more salt and pepper (if needed) and more of the vinaigrette (if desired), and stir.
Before serving, garnish top the salad with crumbled goat cheese and chopped cilantro if desired.
Tools and equipment:
cutting board, chefs knife, paring knife, large microwave-safe bowl, small and medium bowl (for removing the corn kernels), mason jar or jar with tight fitting lid, plastic wrap
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 522mg | Potassium: 592mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1526IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 2mg