Shrimp and Asparagus
In only minutes you can have this impressive Shrimp and Asparagus entree on the table, and be able to wow your family and friends.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled and deveined (tails off, optional)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ⅛ teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into 1½" pieces
- garlic toast optional
- minced chives for garnish optional
- 3 cups brown rice cooked to package directions
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the shrimp and the next 9 ingredients.
Cook, stirring occasionally until the shrimp are pink and opaque, and the asparagus are tender-crisp (approximately 5-7 minutes).
To serve, spoon over brown rice, and garnish with garlic toast and chopped chives (optional).
Broccoli would be a nice substitute for the asparagus when asparagus isn't in season.
Make sure not to overcook the shrimp or they will become rubbery.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 757kcal | Carbohydrates: 114g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 316mg | Sodium: 1321mg | Potassium: 732mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1333IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 247mg | Iron: 8mg